Exceed Enterprises held its 30th annual Recognition Night at Gray Gables Estate last Thursday. Nearly 230 guests celebrated Exceed’s outstanding achievements of their workers with disabilities, volunteers, community partners, donors, businesses, staff, board and advocates.
Thirteen awards were presented, including:
- Employees of the Year: John Farley and Ray Sehorn
- Spirit of Exceed: David Pearson, Kristina Vigna and Marlene Lewis
- Business Partners of the Year: Lockwood Products and Coca-Cola
- Community Support Award: Kaiser Permanente Northwest
- Community Partner Award: The Nonprofit Association of Oregon
- Advocacy Award: Dean Walter from Georgia-Pacific
- Staff Member of the Year: Dena Meyers
- Volunteer of the Year: Carole Matthews
Their most prestigious award, named after Exceed founders Polly Londahl and Sally Risley, was given to Scott Hatley for his exceptional dedication to people with disabilities.
“This year’s Recognition Night was a very special evening that celebrated Exceed’s exceptional stars,” said Ken Fosheim, Exceed’s Chief Executive Officer. “It is a great honor to recognize such a talented group of individuals.”
Established in 1968, Exceed Enterprises is a nonprofit organization that provides vocational and personal development services for people with disabilities. Exceed’s friendly staff provide a safe and nurturing environment for more than 170 adults. For more information, please visit www.exceedpdx.com or call 503-652-9036.