A visit, a new place to live, or a travel adventure – it’s all found here in Clackamas County!
Here you’ll find information about visiting our area, reasons to live here, and places to visit while traveling or touring Clackamas County.
Clackamas County’s rich history comes to life in the museums and historic sights open to visitors. The county is close to Portland and in the shadow of Mt. Hood, but with a lifestyle and visitor experience all its own.
We encourage you to visit the Sunrise Communities of Mt. Hood Territory. From county fairs and festivals to buckaroo rodeos, the area abounds with opportunity. Tax-free retail therapy starts 12 miles south of PDX at Clackamas Town Center (Oregon’s largest regional shopping mall). Enjoy shopping at the freshly-renovated mall or having a meal at one of the many restaurants.
Take along a picnic lunch for a tour of the fertile east county area. Your tour will take you through country-side nurseries showcasing their lovely blooms, past dozens of Christmas tree, hazelnut and berry farms and color-drenched fields of wildflowers and cascading waterfalls. Some of the Pacific Northwest’s most spectacular sights await your eye in Clackamas County.
Any season or time of year, North Clackamas County has it all! Residents and visitors alike enjoy these outdoor activities:
- Drive or bike through picturesque towns and country settings
- Enjoy the downtown street atmosphere
- Rough it and pitch a tent in the wilderness
- Enjoy the great outdoors amid the comforts of home traveling by RV
- Ski the exciting runs on Mt Hood
- Discover Oregon’s roots and their pioneer spirit in museums and the countryside
- Geocache in the region
- Kayak or boat on one of our many scenic rivers
- Play golf with a spectacular view of Mt. Hood in the background
- Hike or backpack one of the hundreds of trails with breathtaking views
- Fish the clear cold waters of our lakes and rivers
For more about tourism and visitor information, visit Oregon’s Mt Hood Territory. To find out more about Clackamas County and all it offers visit, www.mthoodterritory.com. To get a better glimpse of the Portland Metro visit travelportland.com or visit traveloregon.com for statewide activities.
The living is great in Clackamas County with a variety of lifestyles and economic levels. From a new city, to a hundred year old town, Clackamas County has it all, urban, suburban and rural living. Local shopping for anything you need, eateries and specialty shops, great schools and recreation. North Clackamas offers a variety of employment opportunities and is a growth area for entrepreneurs.