A visit; a new place to live; or travel to a far-away country – it’s all found here
Here you’ll find information about visiting our area, reasons to live in Clackamas County, and places to visit in far away lands if you want a travel and tour experience.
Clackamas County rich history comes to life in the museums and historic sights open to visitors. The county is close to Portland and in the shadow of Mt. Hood, but with a lifestyle and visitor experience all its own.
We encourage you to visit this Sunrise Communities of Mt. Hood Territory. From county fairs to festivals and buckaroo rodeos, the area abounds with opportunity for browsing at the Clackamas Town Center (Oregon’s largest regional shopping mall) or just kicking back and having fun.
Take along a picnic lunch for a tour of the fertile east county area. Your tour will take you through country-side nurseries showcasing their lovely blooms, past dozens of Christmas tree farms, berries, hazelnut farms or color-drenched fields of wildflowers and cascading waterfalls. Some of the West’s most spectacular sights await your camera in Clackamas County.
Any season, and time of year North Clackamas County has it all! Residents and visitors alike enjoy these outdoor activities:
- Drive or bike through picturesque towns and country settings
- Enjoy the downtown street atmosphere
- Rough it and pitch a tent in the wilderness
- Enjoy the great outdoors amid the comforts of home traveling by RV
- Ski the exciting runs on Mt Hood
- Discover Oregon’s roots and their pioneer spirit in museums and the countryside
- Geocach in the region that birthed the family recreation
- Kayak or boat on one of our many scenic rivers
- Play golf with a spectacular view of Mt. Hood in the background
- Hike or backpack one of the hundreds of trails with breathtaking views
- Fish the clear cold waters of our lakes and rivers
For more about tourism and visiting in Clackamas County visit Oregon’s Mt Hood Territory. Find out more about North Clackamas and all it offers for visitors at sunrisecommunities.org; get a better glimpse of the Portland Metro area by visiting travelportland.com or visit traveloregon.com for statewide activities.
The living is great, and all in your choice in Clackamas County; with a variety of lifestyles and economic levels. From a new town to a hundred year old town, from suburban to urban to rural. Shopping for anything you can name, eateries and specialty shops, great schools and recreation. North Clackamas offers a variety of employment opportunity and is a growth area for entrepreneurs.